Hive >> mail # dev >> HCatalog Refactoring - no checkins into hive/hcatalog part of the src tree

+
Eugene Koifman 2013-09-04, 01:00
+
Thejas Nair 2013-09-04, 01:28
+
Eugene Koifman 2013-09-04, 01:34
+
Sushanth Sowmyan 2013-09-04, 01:50
Re: HCatalog Refactoring - no checkins into hive/hcatalog part of the src tree
As an update, it is now 6pm PDT on September 5th, and we're now done
with the changes in HIVE-4895 and HIVE-4896.

However, there is one more issue we found along the way, and that's
addressed by HIVE-5233 which I still have to review before committing.

hcatalog/ itself can be considered unfrozen, but we still need to
consider hcatalog/storage-handlers/hbase/ frozen till 11:59pm PDT on
September 5th.

Since this directory only deals with code that is now considered
deprecated, I hope it won't affect anyone (except Viraj from
HIVE-4331) but that patch is not in a patch-available state.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Sushanth Sowmyan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sounds good, go for it. Any hcatalog patch-available patches that we
> do not get in by 8AM PDT will have to be canceled and regenerated.
> I'll do that tomorrow.
>
> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Eugene Koifman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Yes, that is correct.
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Thejas Nair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Eugene,
>>> I assume you want the hold off on checkins to hive/hcatalog dir to
>>> start from tomorrow AM pacific time (Sept 4) (say 8 am PDT ?) and you
>>> expect you changes to be done by Sept 5 around 6pm Pacific time. Is
>>> that correct ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Thejas

>>> that