Hive >> mail # dev >> HCatalog Refactoring - no checkins into hive/hcatalog part of the src tree

Re: HCatalog Refactoring - no checkins into hive/hcatalog part of the src tree
As an update, it is now 6pm PDT on September 5th, and we're now done
with the changes in HIVE-4895 and HIVE-4896.

However, there is one more issue we found along the way, and that's
addressed by HIVE-5233 which I still have to review before committing.

hcatalog/ itself can be considered unfrozen, but we still need to
consider hcatalog/storage-handlers/hbase/ frozen till 11:59pm PDT on
September 5th.

Since this directory only deals with code that is now considered
deprecated, I hope it won't affect anyone (except Viraj from
HIVE-4331) but that patch is not in a patch-available state.