HBase, mail # user - setCaching and setBatch

setCaching and setBatch
John 2013-11-04, 17:19
Hi,

If I have a question about the setCaching function. As I know the caching
value influence how many rows will be cached in the memory of the region
server. So for example I have 10 rows with 20k columns and I set a scanner
with the caching option 5 and the batch option 1k. What will hapen If I
call the next() function?

As far as I know, the region server will cache 5 rows with 1k columns each
in the memory. If thats right, is there a way to cache the batches instead
of the rows? In this example I would like to cache 5 batches from row one
instead of 5 rows with each 1k columns.

kind regards