HBase, mail # user - Hbase import Tsv performance (slow import)

Re: Hbase import Tsv performance (slow import)
Jonathan Bishop 2012-10-25, 15:57
Nicolas,

I just went through the same exercise. There are many ways to get this to
go faster, but eventually I decided that bulk loading is the best solution
as run times scaled with the number machines in my cluster when I used that
approach.

One thing you can try is to turn off hbase's write ahead log (WAL). But be
aware that regionserver failure will cause data loss if you do this.

Jon