HBase, mail # user - Log4j changes not working inside static mapper and reducer classes

Re: Log4j changes not working inside static mapper and reducer classes
Dave Latham 2011-05-25, 23:05
I'd recommend adding -Dlog4j.debug to the JVM args for any JVM that's not
giving you what you expect.  In this case, if it's the map/reduce tasks, add
it to mapred.child.java.opts in mapred-site.xml.  It should show you what
configuration log4j is actually picking up.

Dave