Hive, mail # user - Numbers display in Hive CLI

Re: Numbers display in Hive CLI
Stephen Sprague 2013-08-13, 14:40
well... a good 'ol search (let's not use the word google) of "hive udf" we
find this:

https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-udf.html#LanguageManualUDF-StringFunctionsand
there's a reference to a function called format_number().

or did you really want the *hive CLI* to format the number? if that's the
case then no there is no option for that in the hive client.