Hive >> mail # user >> Thrift Hive client for CDH 4.1 HiveServer2?

+
David Morel 2013-01-03, 23:16
+
Jov 2013-01-04, 15:04
Re: Thrift Hive client for CDH 4.1 HiveServer2?
On 4 Jan 2013, at 16:04, Jov wrote:

they are in the src/service/if and src/metastore/if

Cool. But these would be files for HiveServer, not HiveServer2 which has a
different API, right? After finally generating the libs, it turns out they
work fine on the old-style hive server, but produce this in hiveserver2's
log: 13/01/04 20:09:11 ERROR server.TThreadPoolServer: Error occurred
during processing of message. java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:218)
at
org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:170)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) Caused by:
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.read(TIOStreamTransport.java:132)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84) at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.receiveSaslMessage(TSaslTransport.java:182)
at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.handleSaslStartMessage(TSaslServerTransport.java:124)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:253)
at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.open(TSaslServerTransport.java:40)
at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:215)
... 4 more Where should I start looking (meaning I haven't a clue)? Thanks!
David

在 2013-1-4 上午7:16,"David Morel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>写道:

Hi all (and happy New Year!) Is it possible to build a perl Thrift client
for HiveServer2 (from Cloudera's 4.1.x) ? I'm following the instructions
found here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5289164/perl-thrift-client-to-hiveDownloaded
Hive from Cloudera's site, then i'm a bit lost: where do I find
these thrift files that I need to build the perl libs? I have the thrift
compiler working ok, but thats as far as I got.
+
Jov 2013-01-05, 09:27
+
David Morel 2013-01-05, 11:00