Hive >> mail # user >> general question on hive client log

general question on hive client log
I have searched online but could not find a comprehensive introduction on
how Hive organize logs and naming convention. By that, I mean hive client
specifically, not hadoop logs.

I have seen various logs as below.

1. Hive shell log
/tmp/{user.name}/hive.log

2. Hive history file for a job
/tmp/{user.name}/hive_job_log_{job id}.txt

3. Hive execution log
/tmp/{user.name}/hive_{some random unique number}.log

4. Other logs
/tmp/{user.name}/hive_{some random unique number}.pipeout but always empty.

Can anyone point me to some page where this is documented in details?
Thanks very much.

--
Chen Song
+