MapReduce >> mail # user >> only one map or reduce job per time on one node

Re: only one map or reduce job per time on one node
I suspect that the reason no-one is responding with good answers is that
fundamentally, it seems like what you are trying to do runs against the
reason Hadoop is designed the way it is. A parallel process framework is
defeated if you force it to not work concurrently...

Maybe you should look into Oozie, and set a workflow that runs your map
task as a map-only job, and then do the calculation that the reducer would
do in a different program?

There is a Hadoop parameter that allows for task JVM reuse that might solve
your problem also.

Or, add a combiner to your mr job if there is not one already, and then try
dropping the maximum heap sizes of the respective slots?

*Devin Suiter*
Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com