Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Shifting to Java 7 . Is it good choice?

Re: Shifting to Java 7 . Is it good choice?
Oracle is dropping java 6 support by the end of the year.  So there is
likely to be a big shift to java 7 before then.  Currently Hadoop
officially supports java 6 so unless there is an official change of
position you cannot use Java 7 specific APIs if you want to check your
code into Hadoop. Hadoop currently should work on 7, like Radim said, and
if you are building something on top of Hadoop it is fine, but if we are
dropping support for java 6 that will require some discussion on the
mailing lists.

--Bobby Evans