Accumulo >> mail # user >> How Do I Add Split From Shell When Split Value Has Zero (\x00) Byte?

+
David Medinets 2013-04-11, 13:24
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-11, 13:44
+
David Medinets 2013-04-11, 14:38
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 14:42
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 14:53
+
David Medinets 2013-04-11, 16:46
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 18:03
+
David Medinets 2013-04-11, 19:15
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 21:47
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 15:08
+
Krishmin Rai 2013-04-11, 15:16
Re: How Do I Add Split From Shell When Split Value Has Zero (\x00) Byte?
I can confirm the behavior in 1.4.0. I have splits with special characters (created through the Java API): although they seem to work correctly, "getsplits" from the shell does not properly display the unprintable bytes.

-Krishmin

On Apr 11, 2013, at 10:42 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM, David Medinets
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I tried that addsplits with a zero byte and ran into something unexpected:
>>
>> createtable zerotest
>> insert AA\x00BB cf cq value
>> insert AA\x00CC cf cq value
>> insert AA\x01CC cf cq value
>> addsplits AA\0x00CC
>> getsplits
>> AACC <--- the zero byte is not displayed.
>>
>> This seems like a bug. If anyone can verify, I'll create a jira ticket.
>
> that does seem like a bug.  Either the split was not added correctly,
> or its not being displayed correctly.  Assuming it was added
> correctly, the output of getsplits may not use the same code that
> scans do to display unprintable bytes.
>

>> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> AFAIK you should be able to run "addsplits AAA\x00CCC" in the shell. Did
>>> that not work?

+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 15:09