Avro, mail # dev - [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.1 (rc 0)

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.1 (rc 0)
Doug Cutting 2012-07-18, 21:29
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Tom White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I downloaded the source archive and ran the Java tests, but
> org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestWordCount and
> org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestAvroMultipleOutputs failed because the
> (empty) file lang/java/mapred/src/test/resources/org/apache/avro/mapreduce/mapreduce-test-input.avro/SUCCESS.crc
> is created when unpacking the archive, and it is picked up as input to
> the MapReduce jobs. If I delete the errant file then the Java tests
> all pass.

When I extract the source tarball I find that file to contain 8 bytes
and that 'mvn test' succeeds.

Are you running tests from the root or from lang/java?  I generally
run them from the root.  Perhaps that's the difference?

> Apart from that, checksums and signature are good, and the license and
> notice look correct.

Thanks for checking!

Doug