Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: Managing docs with hadoop-1 & hadoop-2

Re: Managing docs with hadoop-1 & hadoop-2
Hey folks,

I've been seeing some reports about search results for Hadoop being broken
because stable now points to the v2 docs, where a lot of stuff has moved
around.

e.g.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/fair_scheduler.html (404, first result
on google for "hadoop fair scheduler")
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable1/fair_scheduler.html (works)
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/FairScheduler.html
(location
of new YARN page)

Any chance we can reconsider this? It's kind of a pain for anyone who's
linked to Hadoop docs. I agree that semantically, v2 should have the stable
pointer, but Cool URIs Don't Change [1].

Thanks,
Andrew

[1] http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html