Hadoop, mail # dev - Hadoop build slaves software

+
Todd Lipcon 2013-01-04, 07:24
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-01-04, 17:31
+
Rajiv Chittajallu 2013-01-04, 18:59
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-01-04, 19:08
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-04, 19:10
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-01-04, 19:15
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2013-01-05, 00:26
+
Rajiv Chittajallu 2013-01-04, 19:23
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-01-04, 19:37
Re: Hadoop build slaves software
Colin McCabe 2013-01-04, 22:03
In addition to protoc, can someone please also install a 32-bit C++ compiler?

The builds are all failing on this machine because of that.

regards,
Colin
On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Giridharan Kesavan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I configured the other machines I used the source to compile and
> install the protoc, as the 2.4.1 wasn't available in the ubuntu repo.
>
> BTW installed 2.4.1 on asf008.
> gkesavan@asf008:~$ protoc --version
> libprotoc 2.4.1
>

> -Giri
>

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Todd Lipcon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> It looks like hadoop8 has recently come back online as a build slave,
>> but is failing all the builds because it has an ancient version of
>> protobuf (2.2.0):
>> todd@asf008:~$ protoc  --version
>> libprotoc 2.2.0
>>
>> In contrast, other slaves have 2.4.1:
>> todd@asf001:~$ protoc --version
>> libprotoc 2.4.1
>>
>> asf001 has the newer protoc in /usr/local/bin but asf008 does not.
>> Does anyone know how software is meant to be deployed on these build
>> slaves? I'm happy to download and install protobuf 2.4.1 into
>> /usr/local on asf008 if manual installation is the name of the game,
>> but it seems like we should be doing something a little more
>> reproducible than one-off builds by rando developers to manage our
>> toolchain on the Jenkins slaves.
>>
>> -Todd
>> --
>> Todd Lipcon