Accumulo >> mail # user >> Table splitting

+
Mathias Herberts 2012-12-11, 14:32
+
William Slacum 2012-12-11, 14:37
Re: Table splitting
Along these lines....

Can someone help me understand how tablets map to files on disk in HDFS?
>From what I understand, after a compaction, there may be one (or more?)
files on HDFS for a given tablet. Each file can consist of multiple HDFS
blocks. Does Accumulo guarantee that the tablet serving a given data range
finds all its blocks locally? If so, how does it keep this guarantee?
Wouldn't HDFS distribute these blocks around based on HDFS balancing
strategy?

Thanks,
Ameet

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM, William Slacum <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tablets will split automatically, down to the granularity of a row.
>

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Mathias Herberts <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've read the user manual for v1.4.2 and I have not seen any mention of
>> automatic tablet splitting. Is there such a thing in Accumulo or is
>> pre-splitting the only way to split a table?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mathias.

+
John Vines 2012-12-12, 18:17