Accumulo, mail # user - Table splitting

Re: Table splitting
ameet kini 2012-12-12, 18:08
Along these lines....

Can someone help me understand how tablets map to files on disk in HDFS?
>From what I understand, after a compaction, there may be one (or more?)
files on HDFS for a given tablet. Each file can consist of multiple HDFS
blocks. Does Accumulo guarantee that the tablet serving a given data range
finds all its blocks locally? If so, how does it keep this guarantee?
Wouldn't HDFS distribute these blocks around based on HDFS balancing
strategy?

Thanks,
Ameet