Hive, mail # user - Hive ODBC - Microsofts Involvement

+
John Omernik 2012-02-01, 20:21
+
Tucker, Matt 2012-02-01, 22:23
+
John Omernik 2012-02-02, 02:40
Re: Hive ODBC - Microsofts Involvement
Viral Bajaria 2012-02-02, 02:57
Any reason you want to use a ODBC and not Thrift ?  Hive supports the
thrift protocol. There are thrift libraries for C# and you can easily
integrate it into your project for direct access to HIVE via your C# code.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 6:40 PM, John Omernik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I see that, but will that hive ODBC driver work with a standard hive
> install, or will it be limited to Microsoft's cloud version of Hadoop/Hive?
>  Anyone tried the driver?
>

> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Tucker, Matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> The Hive driver that Microsoft will be releasing is ODBC, so you should
>> be able to interact with Hive just like you would with any other relational
>> database.****
>>
>> ** **

+
Tucker, Matt 2012-02-02, 03:01