Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0

+
Keith Turner 2013-06-03, 22:05
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-06-03, 21:49
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:10
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:23
+
Sean Busbey 2013-06-03, 22:31
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:39
+
William Slacum 2013-06-03, 22:31
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dropping JDK6 support is a pretty big deal.
>
> Is it worth making it a 2.0.0 feature instead of 1.6.0?
>
> If not, what would be the distinction for a 2.0.0?

One thing 2.0 could be used for is a new incompatible API.

> In the mean time we could explicitly change testing to be on JDK7 instead
> of JDK6 as an initial step.
>

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Given all the previous discussions about this, and assuming all points
> > and counterpoints have already been sufficiently enumerated, I'd like
> > to put it to a vote, explicitly:
> >
> > Should we switch to JDK 1.7 for Accumulo 1.6.0, to take advantage of
> > newer features (ACCUMULO-905), or should we continue to require that
> > Accumulo 1.6.0 run on JRE 1.6?
> >
> > --
> > Christopher L Tubbs II
> > http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii