Zookeeper, mail # user - SessionExpiredException. help please

+
Yuhan Zhang 2011-09-23, 21:49
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-09-23, 22:24
Re: SessionExpiredException. help please
Yuhan Zhang 2011-09-23, 23:46
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the remark. I will look into the timeout limit setting.

also, is auto-reconnection available through zooKeeper API?
I'd like to keep a very long session/connection. Is this a good practice
with zooKeeper?

Thank you.

Yuhan

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Take a look at the docs, in particular information on sessions:
>
> http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkSessions
> "One of the parameters to the ZooKeeper client library call to create
> a ZooKeeper session is the session timeout in milliseconds. The client
> sends a requested timeout, the server responds with the timeout that
> it can give the client. The current implementation requires that the
> timeout be a minimum of 2 times the tickTime (as set in the server
> configuration) and a maximum of 20 times the tickTime. The ZooKeeper
> client API allows access to the negotiated timeout."
>
> You can change the max limit imposed by the server, see here:
>
> http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_advancedConfiguration
>
> You should be able to see in the logs what the negotiated session timeout
> was.
>
> This likely indicates that your client is pausing for long periods of
> time -- the most common case is GC pause. See the troubleshooting
> guide.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/Troubleshooting
> try turning on verbose GC logging to verify.
>
> Patrick
>
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Yuhan Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I set the sessionTimeout value to be "Integer.MAX_VALUE" to the
> constructor
> > as
> >  zooKeeper = new ZooKeeper(host, Integer.MAX_VALUE, this);
> > but reached an "session expired" exception when requesting a create
> > operation twice on the following line:
> >
> > lockPath = zooKeeper.create( lockFolder + "/0", new byte[0],
> > Ids.OPEN_ACL_UNSAFE, CreateMode.EPHEMERAL_SEQUENTIAL);
> >
> > Exception:
> > org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$SessionExpiredException :
> > KeeperErrorCode = Session expired for /_lock/0
> >

> > why does this happen? could anyone give some advice?
> >

> > Thank you.
> >
> > Yuhan

+
Patrick Hunt 2011-09-26, 16:19