HDFS >> mail # dev >> HA branch merging

HA branch merging
Hello all,

I just merged trunk into the HA branch, which we hadn't done in a while. My
apologies for all of the commit email spam that just caused.

There were a few merge conflicts encountered, mostly because of changes
introduced by HDFS-2481, HDFS-2181, and MAPREDUCE-2764. I did my best to
resolve these conflicts correctly, but if those familiar with those patches
wouldn't mind taking a look at the result of the merge, that would be great.

Going forward, I think we should try to merge from trunk more often, and
not cherry-pick individual changes from trunk needed in the HA branch.
Doing these will make future merges much less painful.

Thanks a lot,
Aaron

--
Aaron T. Myers