HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-05-28, 17:03
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-28, 21:41
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-30, 18:56
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-05-30, 21:36
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have no issues of changing the version to 2.0.5-alpha and restarting to vote
> for the release content, e.g. 2 bug fixes. Shall I call 3 days re-vote because
> of the number change?

+1 Sounds great.

> Does the result of bylaw vote nullifies the unfinished vote started by Arun?
> Sorry, I am dense, apparently.

Yes, nobody should feel bound by either vote. The bylaw change
clarifies that release plans are for RMs to solicit feedback and gauge
PMC support for an artifact, not pre-approvals for doing work.

> Can we limit the vote thread to the merits of the release then?

Happily.

> That sound like adding an insult to injury, if my forth-language skills do not
> mislead me.

They do mislead you, or I've expressed the point imprecisely. We can
take this offline. -C

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-05-31, 03:41
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-31, 05:50
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-31, 06:41
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-31, 18:20
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-06-01, 03:25