Hive >> mail # dev >> Merging HCatalog into Hive

+
Alan Gates 2013-02-23, 01:12
+
Brock Noland 2013-02-24, 20:22
+
Alan Gates 2013-02-25, 23:20
+
Brock Noland 2013-02-25, 23:39
+
Alan Gates 2013-03-09, 20:54
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-03-11, 04:29
+
Alan Gates 2013-03-13, 18:56
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-03-16, 00:26
+
Alan Gates 2013-03-16, 19:10
Re: Merging HCatalog into Hive
There's an issue with the permissions here.  In the authorization file you granted permission to hcatalog committers on a directory /hive/hcatalog.  But in Hive you created /hive/trunk/hcatalog, which none of the hcatalog committers can access.  In the authorization file you'll need to change hive-hcatalog to have authorization /hive/trunk/hcatalog.

There is also a scalability issue.  Every time Hive branches you'll have to add a line for that branch as well.  Also, this will prohibit any dev branches for hcatalog users, or access to any dev branches done in Hive.  I suspect you'll find it much easier to give the hive-hcatalog group access to /hive and then use community mores to enforce that no hcat committers commit outside the hcat directory.

Alan.

+
Carl Steinbach 2013-03-26, 21:58
+