Pig, mail # dev - Proposal to create a branch for contrib project Zebra

RE: Proposal to create a branch for contrib project Zebra
Santhosh Srinivasan 2009-08-18, 01:31
Giridharan Kesavan's omission as a committer is an oversight on part of
the hadoop team. Ideally, he should be listed as a release engineer with
committer privileges

Secondly, QA/Release/etc are necessarily evils to ship a high quality
product while contrib projects are not.

That leaves us with contrib committers.

Can you point to earlier email threads that cover the topic of giving
committer access to contrib projects? Specifically, what does it mean to
award someone committer privileges to a contrib project, what are the
access privileges that come with such rights, what are the dos/don'ts,
etc.

Thirdly, are there instances of contrib committers creating branches?

Thanks,
Santhosh