Avro >> mail # user >> avrogencpp and multiple .avsc

+
William McKenzie 2013-10-15, 22:21
+
Doug Cutting 2013-10-15, 22:36
+
William McKenzie 2013-10-16, 14:00
Re: avrogencpp and multiple .avsc
Yes, as far as I can tell, the avdl format is not supported in by
avrogencpp it only takes json schema. Sad, but true.
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM, William McKenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I was specifically looking for code generators for c++. It looks like the
> avdl format is not supported at all in that implementation?
>
> ~Bill
>

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM, William McKenzie
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Is it possible to generate code for multiple schemas at one time, and
>> > resolve references between them?
>>
>> The command line 'compile' tool and maven task both support this.  One
>> can pass multiple schema files on the command line, and each can
>> reference schemas that precede it on the command line.
>>
>> With Maven, you can specify imports.  See
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1188 for details.
>>
>> > I tried using an avpr file, and it did not seem to like that.
>>
>> With a .avpr file you can place multiple schemas in its "types"
>> section, leaving the messages section empty.
>>
>> With an .avdl file you can import other .avsc, .avpr and .avdl files.
>>
>> http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/idl.html#imports
>>
>> Doug

+
Doug Cutting 2013-10-17, 15:40