Zookeeper, mail # user - NullPointerException

+
David Nickerson 2012-07-20, 20:00
Re: NullPointerException
Patrick Hunt 2012-07-31, 20:45
Is this running on a windows box? What version of the jvm? Seems like
a jvm issue to me, the call into Selector.open is throwing the NPE -
notice it's a static method that takes no arguments.
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/nio/channels/Selector.html#open()

Patrick

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 1:00 PM, David Nickerson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I keep getting a null pointer exception when constructing a ZooKeeper
> object (with a session ID and password) that is connecting to a standalone
> embedded ZooKeeper server on the same machine. I'm positive that none of
> the arguments that I pass are null. Doing a quick Google search, it seems
> like this may be a Java bug, exasperated by my starting an embedded
> ZooKeeper server and a ZooKeeper client at nearly the same time.
>
> However, it is my experience that I tend to make mistakes. Therefore I'm
> asking, does this look like an error that ZooKeeper expects to throw when
> the user does something wrong?
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at sun.nio.ch.Util.atBugLevel(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorProvider.openSelector(Unknown Source)
>         at java.nio.channels.Selector.open(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.<init>(ClientCnxn.java:692)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn.<init>(ClientCnxn.java:391)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.<init>(ZooKeeper.java:451)
+
David Nickerson 2012-08-02, 12:28