Flume >> mail # user >> Need for UDP / Multicast Source

Re: Need for UDP / Multicast Source
> with UDP there's no guaranty that the data will reach destination.

True, but I'm experimenting with using Flume as a replacement for a system that is already in place.  I actually got the numbers I listed below by grabbing data directly off of the UDP stream and saving them to a file on local disk.  Its possible that UDP data is getting lost in the network somewhere, but if that were the case I wouldn't know about it.  I am comparing Flume's performance to a single process writing to a local disk.