Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hive regex SerDe issue?

Hive regex SerDe issue?
Is there an issue with using the regex SerDe with loading into Hive text
files above 2 gigs in size?  I've been experiencing out of memory errors
with a select group of logs when running a hive job.  I have been able
to load the data if I use split to cut it in half or thirds.  No problem.

Googling around and figured I'd ask while I'm digging into this.

Thanks!