Pig >> mail # user >> Mapping nested json objects to map data type

+
kiran chitturi 2013-03-14, 03:37
Re: Mapping nested json objects to map data type
Hi Kiran,
       If you are ok with using java for udfs take a look at this
https://github.com/mozilla-metrics/akela/tree/master/src/main/java/com/mozilla/pig/eval/json
we Use MapToJson to parse complex json objects from hbase.
-Harsha
--
Harsha
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 8:37 PM, kiran chitturi wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am using Pig 0.10 version and I have a question about mapping nested JSON
> objects from Hbase.
>
> *For example: *
>
> The below commands loads the field family from Hbase.
>
> fields = load 'hbase://documents' using
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage('field:*','-loadKey true
> -limit 5') as (rowkey, metadata:map[]);
>
> The metadata field looks like below after the above command. ( I used
> 'illustrate fields' to get this)
>
> {fields_j={"tika.Content-Encoding":"ISO-8859-1","distanceToCentroid":0.5761632290266712,"tika.Content-Type":"text/plain;
> charset=ISO-8859-1","clusterId":118,"tika.parsing":"ok"}}
>
> Map data type worked as I wanted so far. Now, I would like the value for
> 'fields_j' key to be also a Map data type. I think it is being assigned as
> 'byteArray' by default.
>
> Is there any way by which I can convert this in to a map data type ? That
> would be helpful for me to process more.
>
> I tried to write python UDF but jython only supports python 2.5, I am not
> sure how to convert this string in to a dictionary in python.
>
> Did anyone encounter this type of issue before ?
>
> Sorry for the long question, I want to explain my problem clearly.
>
> Please let me know your suggestions.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Kiran Chitturi