Kafka >> mail # dev >> setters and getters

Re: setters and getters
Interesting - so according to that article, the _ is not operator
overloading, rather it is a whitespace symbol: xyz_= means a method named
"xyz =".

However, that explanation appears to be incomplete, because all of these
seem to work and I don't understand why:
def xyz_=(x: Int) {underlying = x}
def xyz_(x: Int) {underlying = x}
def xyz_abc(x: Int) {underlying = x}

o.xyz = ...; // works with all of the above

If we are going with this convention, then it would be good to fully
understand how it works. Also, if we need to access setters from Java we
would need to provide an explicit setter.

Thanks,

Joel