MapReduce >> mail # user >> what will happen when HDFS restarts but with some dead nodes

+
Nan Zhu 2013-01-30, 03:04
Re: what will happen when HDFS restarts but with some dead nodes
Hi Nan

Namenode will stay in safemode before all blocks are replicated. During
this time, the jobtracker can not see any tasktrackers. (MRv1).

Chen

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Nan Zhu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi, all
>
> I'm wondering if HDFS is stopped, and some of the machines of the cluster
> are moved,  some of the block replication are definitely lost for moving
> machines
>
> when I restart the system, will the namenode recalculate the data
> distribution?
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Nan Zhu