Hive >> mail # user >> Hive join strategy documentation?

+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-02-18, 21:20
+
Gang Luo 2010-02-18, 22:11
+
Yongqiang He 2010-02-26, 03:53
Re: Hive join strategy documentation?
thanks Yongqiang, please also include the hints (MAPJOIN, STREAMBASE).

-- amr

On 2/25/2010 7:53 PM, Yongqiang He wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks. Good suggestion.  Had a short discussion this afternoon.
> I will update the wiki once the sort merge bucket map join and another
> skew join done.
> And will send out an update in this mail-list.
>
> Thanks
> Yongqiang
> On 2/18/10 1:20 PM, "Jeff Hammerbacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>     Hey,
>
>     I am unable to locate any information on the Hive wiki about the
>     various join strategies and optimizations available in Hive
>     (similar to Pig's http://wiki.apache.org/pig/JoinFramework). Would
>     one of the more knowledgeable parties in the Hive community be
>     interested in taking a stab at such a page?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Jeff

+
bharath v 2010-09-28, 05:25