Pig >> mail # dev >> Pig 0.12 3 months after Pig 0.11?

+
Russell Jurney 2013-02-18, 01:29
+
Cheolsoo Park 2013-02-18, 02:22
Re: Pig 0.12 3 months after Pig 0.11?
This makes sense to me, and thank you for driving it. I am going to help
doing docs and other things in little JIRAs.
On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Cheolsoo Park <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I don't mind driving it if everyone agrees with the time frame.
>
> One thing that I want to clarify is that the new AvroStorage is not
> backward compatible[1]. In addition, there are a couple of features that
> the new AvroStorage is missing at the moment[2].
>
> So I was thinking that we keep the old AvroStorage in 0.12 and remove it at
> a later release. In the meantime, we can port all the missing features and
> encourage users to migrate to the new AvroStorage. Since the old and new
> AvroStorages don't have the same namespace (i.e. the new one is built-in,
> whereas the old one is in piggybank), I don't think that there will be
> confusion. But please let me know if you disagree with me.
>
> [1]
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-3015?focusedCommentId=13493550&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13493550
> [2.1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2875
> [2.2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2579
>

> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Russell Jurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Anyone up for doing a release 3-4 months after Pig 0.11, the way I think
> it
> > is 'supposed' to work? I want the new AvroStorage in my book, before it
> > comes out in print :)
> >
> > --
> > Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > datasyndrome.com

Jonathan Coveney 2013-02-18, 14:33
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-02-18, 02:49