From: yinghua hu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: error running pi program

Hi, Steve

These are very helpful suggestions! Thanks!

I will try using SSH proxy and see how it goes.
On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

On 10 November 2012 18:30, yinghua hu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Thanks Steve,

Your suggestion is very helpful. But I only have terminal access to the EC2 NN. To run internet browser there will be a lot of more work.

the SSH proxy sets up something that appears to be a SOCKs proxy -but which routes to the far end; you set your browser to go through this proxy (foxyproxy is a good firefox plugin here), and then your browser has access to all the machines

see http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/use-ssh-create-http-proxy

Since my cluster will be shut down at night and weekend. I will prefer to have an IP that does not change. How do you think of using EC2 Elastic IP?
not tried that; I have used dyndns.org<http://dyndns.org> to self register an IP address that changes every time you bring up an instance, but whose browser bookmarks can remain fixed

--
Regards,

Yinghua
NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential, subject to copyright and may be privileged. Any unauthorized use, copying or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete and contact the sender immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le pr?sent courriel et toute pi?ce jointe qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, prot?g?s par le droit d'auteur et peuvent ?tre couverts par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez imm?diatement l'exp?diteur. Veuillez penser ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer le pr?sent courriel