Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> dev meeting minutes

Re: dev meeting minutes
> I don't know your approach to cluster reconfiguration, but I had a thought
> about it lately that may be rather trivial, if I didn't oversee anything.
> Cluster reconfiguration would need to be an operation that goes through the
> leader and gets acknowledged by a quorum. All operations following the cluster
> reconfiguration operation would need to be committed by the new quorum.
>
> I hope this idea might help and I didn't make a fool of myself. :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

it would be nice if things were that simple. your idea only works if
no failures happen. (lots of things are simple if no failure happens.
code paths become nice and clean.) since we would like to deal with
failures, things are a bit more complicated. at the heart of it is a
reconfiguration request that gets committed using Zab.

ben