Avro >> mail # user >> Mixed Avro/Hadoop Writable pipeline

Mixed Avro/Hadoop Writable pipeline
Hi!

I'm working on integrating Avro into our data processing pipeline.
We're using quite a few standard Hadoop and Mahout writables (IntWritable,
VectorWritable).

I'm first going to replace the custom Writables with Avro, but in terms of
the other ones, how important would you say it is to use AvroKey<Integer>
instead of IntWritable for example?

The changes will happen gradually but are they even worth it?

Thanks!
+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-07-03, 23:48
+