HDFS, mail # dev - [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk

[Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk
Suresh Srinivas 2011-04-22, 16:48
A few weeks ago, I had sent an email about the progress of HDFS federation development in HDFS-1052 branch. I am happy to announce that all the tasks related to this feature development is complete and it is ready to be integrated into trunk.

I have a merge patch attached to HDFS-1052 jira. All Hudson tests pass except for two test failures. We will fix these unit test failures in trunk, post merge. I plan on completing merge to trunk early next week. I would like to do this ASAP to avoid having to keep the patch up to date (which has been time consuming). This also avoids need for re-merging, due to SVN changes proposed by Nigel, scheduled late next week. Comments are welcome.

Regards,
Suresh