HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Thrift inserts bottlenecked somewhere -- but where?

Re: HBase Thrift inserts bottlenecked somewhere -- but where?
On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:53 PM, Ted Yu wrote:
> bq. there is a also a parameter for controlling the queue side.
>
> I guess Varun meant 'queue size'.
> On http://hbase.apache.org/book.html, if you search for
> 'hbase.thrift.minWorkerThreads',
> you would see 3 parameters. The last is hbase.thrift.maxQueuedRequests

I don't see that setting in CDH manager, but the book says the default is 16. If that's true in CDH, that would mean we have 6*16 == 96 which is more than the number of connections we've had at any one point (our max was 72, and we saw decreasing marginal returns from adding more workers as early as about 16 to 20).

Thanks,
- Dan