Drill, mail # dev - Very basic questions on review and patch process

Very basic questions on review and patch process
Ravisankar Sivasubramania... 2014-01-11, 18:38
I am new to git.  Please pardon my ignorance.
Should I follow the patch process before or after the review?
This url discusses the scenario where the dev first commits the changes in production server and then creates the patch.  Which part of the instruction should I follow for our project?
And can you help on the following error?  Am I following the right sequence of commands?
D:\workspace\incubator-drill>git diff --no-prefix master > DRILL-338.1.patch.txt
D:\workspace\incubator-drill>git am -s DRILL-338.1.patch.txtPatch format detection failed.
What software should I install before running the patch command?  I am getting the following error.
D:\workspace\incubator-drill>patch -p0 < DRILL-338.1.patch.txt'patch' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.
When should I click the "Submit Patch" button in Jira?  Should it be after the above two sets of instructions?  Will there not be any attachments to the "Submit Patch" dialog box?
Regards,Ravi