Avro, mail # user - Interoperability between Avro 1.6.2 and 1.5.1

Re: Interoperability between Avro 1.6.2 and 1.5.1
Scott Carey 2012-06-26, 01:46
Avro serialized binary data has been binary compatible since 1.0.  A change
in binary format would require changing the version to 2.0 or above by
Avro's versioning policy.    The Avro data file format has been stable since
1.3.0, but there have been some feature additions (for example compression
codecs) and a few minor bugs since then in some languages.

-Scott