Hadoop >> mail # general >> Unclear Hadoop 2.1X documentation

+
Mahmoud Al-Ewiwi 2013-09-14, 17:54
Re: Unclear Hadoop 2.1X documentation
For #1, you can get the tar ball from
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hadoop/common/
e.g. http://www.motorlogy.com/apache/hadoop/common/hadoop-2.1.0-beta/

It is in maven too: http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.hadoop/

For #2, see https://code.google.com/p/protobuf/
On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Mahmoud Al-Ewiwi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Hadoop and i want to learn it in order to do a project.
> I'v started reading the documentation at this site:
>

> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.1.0-beta/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html
>
> for setting a single node, but i could not figure a lot of things in these
> documentation.
>
> 1."You should be able to obtain the MapReduce tarball from the release"
>
> I could not find this tarball, where is it.
>
> 2."You will need protoc 2.5.0 installed"
>
> what is that, there is no even a link for it or what is it
>
> 3."Assuming you have installed hadoop-common/hadoop-hdfs"
>
> what also are these, and why you are assuming that. i have just downlaod
> the hadoop-2.1.0-beta<
> http://ftp.itu.edu.tr/Mirror/Apache/hadoop/common/hadoop-2.1.0-beta/>and
> extracted it
>
> 4. and exported *$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME*/*$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME*
>
> !! that is strange, to where should these environment variables indicating
>
> lastly as i know,the first step tutorial should give more details. or am i
> searching the wrong side.
> **
> **

+