Flume >> mail # dev >> Unique row key

Re: Unique row key
Only on a single machine with a single cpu. Multiple machines could still generate the same value. Multiple threads on the same machine could generate the same value.

The uuid log4j 2 uses accounts for this. The Cassandra FAQ wiki page discusses using a uuid but the project it references is unfortunately not thread safe - at least the last I checked.

Ralph