Accumulo, mail # user - How Do I Add Split From Shell When Split Value Has Zero (\x00) Byte?

+
David Medinets 2013-04-11, 13:24
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-11, 13:44
Re: How Do I Add Split From Shell When Split Value Has Zero (\x00) Byte?
David Medinets 2013-04-11, 14:38
I tried that addsplits with a zero byte and ran into something unexpected:

createtable zerotest
insert AA\x00BB cf cq value
insert AA\x00CC cf cq value
insert AA\x01CC cf cq value
addsplits AA\0x00CC
getsplits
AACC <--- the zero byte is not displayed.

This seems like a bug. If anyone can verify, I'll create a jira ticket.
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> AFAIK you should be able to run "addsplits AAA\x00CCC" in the shell. Did
> that not work?
>

> On 4/11/13 9:24 AM, David Medinets wrote:
>
>> I have rows that look like this when displayed through the shell:
>>
>> AAA\x00BBB
>> AAA\x00BBB
>> AAA\x00CCC
>> AAA\x00CCC
>>
>> I would like to manually add a split for AAA\x00CCC. I know the shell has
>> some restrictions on how some characters are handled so I thought I'd ask
>> before trying.

+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 14:42
+