Hadoop >> mail # user >> copy files to HDFS protocols

copy files to HDFS protocols
Hi ,

     I use HDFS Shell to copy files from local FileSystem  to Hadoop HDFS.
(copyFromLocal command).

1) How can I provide Path to file which locates on local FS but on different
machine then hadoop locates?
2) What other protocols (way) can I use to write files to HDFS?  Is it
possible to use streaming data to write to HDFS ?

Thank in Advance
Oleg.