Hive, mail # user - Hive parallel execution deadlocks, need restart of yarn-nodemanager

+
Alexandre Fouche 2012-12-06, 13:24
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-12-06, 20:08
Re: Hive parallel execution deadlocks, need restart of yarn-nodemanager
Alexandre Fouche 2012-12-07, 08:18
Ah i see, i had missed the fact that each MR jobs had an ApplicationManager that was taking a container, there were none free to run mappers (my jobs usually have only one mapper due to small input data). I understood that thanks to your explanations and using more nodes with a greater concurrency, and like before all containers were running an ApplicationManager !

Thank you very much !
--
Alexandre Fouche
Lead operations engineer, cloud architect