From: Ajay Srivastava <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 06:02:30
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Mohammad Tariq<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How to balance reduce job

Tariq probably meant distribution of keys from <key, value> pair emitted by mapper.
Partitioner distributes these pairs to different reducers based on key. If data is such that keys are skewed then most of the records may go to same reducer.

Regards,
Ajay Srivastava
On 17-Apr-2013, at 11:08 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>