Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sure, how about a vote between:
>
> 1. The status quo (distinct MR and HDFS committers where MR includes YARN)
> 2. Distinct MR, HDFS and YARN committers
> 3. Combine MR, YARN, HDFS committers

(3) is a change to the bylaws, getting rid of the separate committer
lists for subprojects described there:

http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html

The August 2010 vote pre-dated our bylaws and was done under 2/3
majority rules (http://s.apache.org/BP5), but our bylaws now state
that bylaw changes only require a simple majority.

Getting a majority for one of 3 options is not always possible,
leaving us without a decision.  So we might better just vote on (2)
versus (3)?

Doug