Sqoop >> mail # dev >> Contributor name in a commit message

Contributor name in a commit message
Hi all,

I ran into this situation twice. When committing anther person's patch, I
forgot to add "(Contributor via Cheolsoo)" to the commit message. The
problem is that I cannot edit the commit log, so if I make a mistake, I end
up looking like I am stealing credits from others.

So I started wondering if we could change the current commit process to the
following:
1) When committing a patch, committers also update CHANGELOG.txt.
2) Committers add the contributor's name to CHANGELOG.txt.

Then, even if I make a mistake, I can easily fix it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Cheolsoo