Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] 3.4.0 release plan of ZooKeeper.

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.4.0 release plan of ZooKeeper.
On 2/28/11 1:58 PM, Mahadev Konar wrote:
> Hi all,
>   Since 3.3.3 release is out the door, I am starting this thread to
> start discussion for 3.4.0 release.
>
> My plan for 3.4 is to include the following features/enhancements to
> the 3.4 release. The following is the list of features I think would
> be great in 3.4:
>
> 1) ZOOKEEPER-859 (native windows client)
> 2) ZOOKEEPER-702 (failure detection model)
> 3) ZOOKEEPER-784 (read only mode for ZK)
> 4) ZOOKEEPER-938 (kerberos authentication)
> 5) ZOOKEEPER-999 (rpms for zookeeper)
> 6) ZOOKEEPER-856 (connection imbalance betweek ZK servers)
> 7) ZOOKEEPER-1000 (SSL support, this should be easy with ZOOKEEPER-938)
>
> Also, there will be critical bug fixes that have already been ported
> to 3.3.3 and some others like ZOOKEEPER-932.
>
> I would like to be the release manager for 3.4 release with the above
> plan for the 3.4 release candidate. Comments/suggestions/rebuke are
> welcome! :)
>
> thanks
> mahadev
Hi Mahadev,
     Thanks a lot for considering ZOOKEEPER-938 for inclusion in 3.4.0!
I'm excited and looking forward to peoples' feedback. As an introduction
to playing with a Kerberized Zookeeper, please have a look at my "Up and
Running with Secure Zookeeper" documentation:

https://github.com/ekoontz/zookeeper/wiki

-Eugene