HBase >> mail # user >> Help with Selective replication in Hbase

Help with Selective replication in Hbase
Hi,

I need to be able to selectively replicate the mutations from my master
cluster into my backup/slave cluster,based on some application specific
policy.In other words I want to suppress replication of certain mutation
events, and allow the same only for the rest.

The ReplicationSinkService interface
(http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/ReplicationSinkService.html)
looks promising in this regard, as it provides the application a hook into
the replication process.

I intend to extend the Replication class that implements this interface and
override the replicateLogEntries(HLog.Entry[] entries) method. However I
couldn't find any config parameter (that I can specify in hbase-site.xml) to
specify my custom Replication class.

Any pointers on this regard would be greatly appreciated.