Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: assign tasks to specific nodes

Re: assign tasks to specific nodes
Thanks for replying Rev, but the link is talking about reducers which seems
to be like a similar case but what if I assigned priorities to the data
partitions (eg. partition B=1, partition C=2, partition A=3,...) such that
first map task is assigned partition B to run first. Then second map is
given partition C, .. etc. This is instead of assigning based on partition
size. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Mark
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Ravi Prakash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Assigning-reduce-tasks-to-specific-nodes-td4022832.html

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-09-11, 17:45